This functionality allows you to set through which medium automated e-mails will be sent. The two options are The WordPress mailer – wp mail and SMTP. In a situation where SMTP is selected, but the credentials are invalid or cannot be validated, the WordPress e-mail function will be used as a fall-back, ensuring that automated e-mails are sent.
WordPress e-mail function:
- This simply uses the built-in WordPress functionality to send out e-mails.
- Some hosts might have disabled this, which is why we added the SMTP option.
- Please be aware that hosts do set limits for e-mails being sent through this medium, in an effort to prevent spam or in an effort to save system resources.
- If this setting does not send out the automated e-mails, please check with your hosting provider to investigate this issue or enter SMTP settings if you have such credentials.
- You can enter SMTP credentials.
- This makes it possible to send automated e-mails via service providers such as Mandrill or Amazon.
- If the supplied credentials are invalid, or cannot be validated, the wordpress e-mail function will be used as a fall-back, ensuring that automated e-mails will be sent.